TOR’s main fundraiser The Titan Challenge is back!
The Titan Challenge is an opportunity to come together as a school community to raise much needed money for our school enrichment and activities. It's coordinated by parent volunteers and teachers during the school day.
How Does it Work:
● TOR students collect donations from family and friends for the next few weeks leading up to our Titan Challenge Day on Friday, October 14, 2022. Donations are due by October 12, 2022 and can be turned in to your child's homeroom teacher with a donation/pledge form.
● The Homeroom in each grade level with the most donations wins a PIZZA PARTY!
● Homeroom classes will form teams and the best team with a “theme” wins’ free tickets to the TOR Monster Mash on 10/28. Past years themes included Zombies, Sports Teams, Camouflage, M&M colors, and Hats. This gets students excited about the Titan Challenge and they bond with classmates. Principal Fox selects the winning team.
● On October 14, students will complete an obstacle course with their teams getting great exercise outside and in the gym. Rain Date will be 10/21/22.
● Students don’t have to collect money to participate, but those who do will be entered to win fun prizes depending on how much they collect. Our school Goal is $12,000. Our goal per student is $50. Again, it is not mandatory to donate to participate. No donation amount is too small and yes, we accept change! TOR will keep 100% of the dollars raised to support our students, because our PE teachers and parents volunteer to run the event.
When: During School Hours on Friday, October 14 with a rain date on Friday, October 21
Where: Back Field and Gym at TOR
Volunteers are Needed- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D4CA4AD29A3F94-20221
How do donations get collected:
Homeroom teachers will be collecting pledges of cash or checks. Checks can be made payable to TOR PTO. Student’s full name and homeroom MUST BE included CLEARLY on pledge sheet in order to be eligible for prizes.
Donations can also be made online via square. Please go to: https://squareup.com/store/turn-of-river-middle-school. This site accepts most major credit cards. Make sure to give the name of the student you are sponsoring so they can be eligible for prizes.
Donations are due no later than October 12, 2022.
Donations are Tax Deductible. Company Matching donations are welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Picture Day ID: EVTC3HWVZ
- 4pm Late buses begin (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday)
- Intermurals begin today
October 14th: TOR Titan Challenge
October 26th: Pink Out Day
- Pre-order t-shirts by 10/14 $20 (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)
- Proceeds go to Bennett Cancer Center
October 28th: Monster Mash Dance
- Intermurals End
Turn of River has released the list of summer assignments that should be completed before you return to school. TOR Summer Assignments include:
- Summer Reading
- Summer Resources for Spanish
- Math Packet for Grades 6-8
Student-teacher ratio is 11-1
Ranked #9 as most diverse school in Connecticut.
90% of teachers have more than 3 or more years of teaching experience